Monday, August 11, 2008

Oregon Trail Day 2


Kansas City seems like a nice town. Henry let me stay at his place.

I think the Great Plains are a myth. I drove across Kansas today and all I saw were hills.

Wind farm (notice the hills).

Kansas loves sunflowers, but does not like me. Right after I took this picture, I got stopped by a cop for walking down the street taking pictures. I resisted taking a picture of the cop.

This huge storm looked cool from a distance. Then I had to drive through it and it was really scary.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Henry!!!! That looks like I'd imagine his new place to look.

And I love the fact you got stopped by a cop taking pictures. Oh America.

Underneath My Tree said...

Chris,

Have a safe trip! This must be so exciting!
I really love the pictures.

Hook me up with your mailng address when you get setteled in so I can send you some new music.

jason.

Michael said...

What's the whole story w/ the cop? Did he ask you to stop or just ask you what you were doing (you screamed something about Manifest Destiny and the LDS). I would think that you're white enough to take pics in Kansas.

That looks like the plains that that storm is making its way across.