Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thesis

Oh, it's Thanksgiving... I didn't go anywhere because I've got too much thesis work to do. I did get over to Gina's for a couple hours for a Thanksgiving orphans dinner.

I haven't been keeping up with the blog because making web versions of the video is just extra stuff to do, which I really don't have time for. I am alternatively excited about my project and then totally worried I will fail even if I get it done on time.
Most of what I previously posted has been reshot, which is stressful to do at the last minute. But it's got to be right, and I'm finding out you can't fake video the way you can sound.
I've got a week left and still have tons of work to do.

But since Star Trek is my source material, I am inadvertently following in the tradition of the 1979 movie, which was being rewritten as it was shot and the effects were delivered so late that the first print wasn't finished until the very last minute. The director drove it from the printers directly to the world premier to load it into the projector.

That'll be me this time next week... except it will be from a computer lab to a classroom.

No comments: