Friday, September 14, 2007
Our House Got Broken Into Yesterday
Our house was broken into yesterday by a very unlucky criminal. Here are the ways she was unlucky:
- I came home just as she was leaving on her bike with two bags of our stuff.
- I recognized one of the bags she was carrying as my suitcase, thus realizing we had just been robbed.
- The cops went all out and had a helicopter and dogs looking for her.
- She ditched my suitcase around the corner from our house. It had the most important and valuable things she had stolen in it, so we got those back.
- She walked right by valuable small things like microphones, a violin, and a camera.
- One of the boxes she went through was full of things to be given to goodwill, from which she took two broken laptops.
- She cut herself pretty badly on the window she broke to get in so the cops got blood samples and fingerprints.
The small pool of blood below the broken window.
Since the suitcase was recovered, it seems she only got away with two broken laptops and a minidisc recorder. So while it was a crazy afternoon for my roommates and me, we were really lucky.